- Submissions Due: 12 PM EST (HIGH NOON) on Friday, October 23, 2020
- Submission Site: YouNoodle
- Monday, November 2, 2020 - Finalists are announced
- Top 8 Finalists Videos Due: 11:59PM EST on Sunday, November 8, 2020
- Week of Nov 9, 2020 - Final Presentations by Track
- Location (Virtual) and Time of Competition for each Track:
- Health Care Services & Technologies - Friday, November 13, 2020 at 1:00PM
- Social Entrepreneurship - Friday, November 13, 2020 at 5PM EST
- Consumer/Business-to-Business - Friday, November 13, 2020; 11:30AM until 1:30PM EST; View Competition LiveStream here: http://bit.ly/ECupB2B; Click Here to view Finalists Videos
- Science/Technology/Innovation - Thursday, November 12, 2020; 4:30PM EST; Register Here to attend the finals; Click here to view Finalists Vidoes
- UVA Wise (for students studying at the UVA College at Wise ONLY) - Wednesday, November 11, 2020 at 1PM EST
OCTOBER 23 SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Teams and individuals wishing to compete in the Concept Competition must submit an Executive Summary, as outlined below, describing the business concept and team. Your Executive Summary should address the concerns described in the Judging Guidelines for the Concept Stage of the E-Cup.
The Executive Summary has the following guidelines:
- No greater than three pages in length;
- Using a font no smaller than 10-points;
- With no smaller than one-inch margins; and
- No greater than three additional pages of appendix materials
On a separate page, please list the following Contact information:
- Fist and Last Name (i.e., Family and Given names), School, if applicable (e.g., SEAS, Curry), and intended graduation year, if applicable, for a point of contact;
- Email and telephone number for point of contact;
- Name(s), School(s), and intended Graduation Year of all team members
Once both the executive summary and contact information page are ready, please Upload your submissions to the appropriate track of the concept competition using the following format for labeling your document: VentureName_LastName_Concept.doc.
Note: 8 Finalists from each track will be selected to move forward to the virtual final competition.
FINAL COMPETITION REQUIREMENTS
If you are selected as a finalist for the Concept Competition, you will be notified via email on Monday, November 2, 2020 by 5PM EDT. All finalists will be required to submit a video pitch by 11:59PM EST on Sunday, November 8, 2020. Judges will watch the video pitches prior to the virtual competition during the week of November 9, 2020.
- No greater than 5 minutes in length, answering the judging criteria found here: https://entrepreneurship.virginia.edu/ecup/concept/judging;
- You are welcome to use slides (e.g., Powerpoint, Keynote, etc.) and voiceover that presentation;
- We understand your team may not be together in person when recording, so you can piece together different teammates presenting into one 5 minute video or record a virtual meeting (e.g. over Zoom, Meet, Teams, etc.);
- Not everyone on your team is required to be a part of the video presentation;
- Only current UVA students are able to participate in the video;
- An email will be sent to all finalists requesting they send their video as a URL link;
- Your video will be posted publicly on the UVA Entrepreneurship Cup webpage prior to the competition but will be removed after the competition. The link will be shared with people who sign up to “attend” the competition virtually.
Creating Presentations Videos
- Recording narration and slide timings in Powerpoint
- Converting a Powerpoint to Video
- Recording a narration and slide timings in Keynote
- Converting a Keynote presentation to Video (and other formats)
- Recording a Zoom meeting
Final Competition Format:
- Each student listed on your submission must complete the UVA E-Cup Finalists Payments Form and return by email to Madelyn Taylor prior to the start of your Final event;
- Question and Answer only during the virtual competition;
- 1 minute elevator pitch followed by Q&A. 8 minutes of Q&A in total per team;
- Elevator pitch requirements: 1 minute with no screen sharing or slides;
- Time slots will be preassigned prior to virtual competition;
- An announcement of winners will follow the Q&A.