- Submissions Due: NOON on Friday, March 29, 2019
- Submission Site: TBA
- Finalists Announced: Thursday, April 4, 2019
- Finalists Presentation to Judges: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 prior to the competition
- Competition Date and Time: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 5:00 p.m
- Competition Location: Cville Machine located 609 E Market St #114b, Charlottesville, VA 22902 (back of the courtyard, go past the Tin Whistle on your right)
The Launch! Competition reflects the practices and requirements of investors today. As such, a traditional “plan” is not required. Your submission should include the following:
One page executive summary (see Resources section for examples)
10 – 15 page PowerPoint, including:
- Clear description of the product or service being offered
- Discussion of the market for this product or service
- Outline of the business model and value proposition
- Discussion of what you’ve done to de-risk your business, and an outline of the next steps for you and your team
- Overview of the management team
- Optional: Projected financials
- Optional: Video “elevator” pitch (2 – 5 minutes)
Participants should be able to speak to the sales cycle, price point, product distribution, competitive advantages, and barriers to entry. Please Upload your submissions via Startup Compete using the following format for labeling your documents: VentureName_LastName_Launch.doc.
The slides you submit do NOT have to be the slides you use for the final competition.
Final Competition Requirements
The top 10 finalists will meet with the judges prior to the competition for 30 minutes to present for no longer than 10 minutes on Tuesday, April 9, 2019.
During the competition at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 9, 2019, finalists will pitch for no greater than 90 seconds. There will be an audience choice award and presentation of awards after the competition.